Care Coordinator, RN
We are a not-for-profit Christian ministry committed to providing health care in Christ's name. Our first clinic has been serving the residents of the Copper River Valley since 1956, North Country Clinic has served residents along the Tok Cut-off since 2002, and Interior Alaska Medical Clinic has served Delta Junction since 2014. Our health and wellness services are available to all patients including those who are without insurance or are under-insured.
Mission & Passions
We bring the love of Jesus into our clinic through our care for the community and the affordability of our care.
Job Title - Care Coordinator, RN
Position Summary: Plans, directs and provides professional nursing care through the Care Coordination program. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines and team members to facilitate and achieve the programs’ goals and objectives. Works with patients, providers, families and outside health care providers to ensure coordinated planning focusing on continuity of care. Serves as the main contact for patient information. The Care Coordinator is responsible for program outcomes, being a community liaison for coordinating patient care, providing comprehensive quality holistic nursing care for the patients/families in the programs, and showing the love of Jesus Christ through compassion and caring behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
• Assesses patient needs in a manner which achieves excellence in patient care
• Assesses patient population needs as well as national, state and other evidence-based guidelines for assigned Clinical Performance Measures
• Models time management, conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline, accountability, and responsibility
• Performs procedures to teach, model, and/or facilitate care when appropriate.
• Works to coordinate patient care with outside organizations
• Answers inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
• Works with patients and their families to help patients care for their chronic conditions in a better way, subsequently reducing clinic and Urgent Care visits
• Works with providers and the pharmacy to help patients care for their chronic condition which may include home visits and/or end-of-life care
• Works with clinical team members and PCMH team (Patient Centered Medical Home) to improve care in assigned Clinical Performance Measure areas
• As appropriate obtains further education regarding evidence-based practices and computer data collection/EMR training
• Carries out program policies
• Performs other related duties as required
• Agrees with and actively supports our mission
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
Education/Experience: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing. Preferred one year Registered Nurse experience in family practice clinic.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate activities
• Ability to create good working relationships with patients, families, team members, and community members
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner, possessing strong interpersonal skills, and critical thinking skills
• Understands the theories, practice standards, and guidelines of palliative nursing care and end of life care
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
• Certified in Basic (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire
• Proficient computer skills