Chief Financial Officer
Our FQHC clinics provide high-quality healthcare to the city’s under-served. Our medical, dental, behavioral, and pharmacy services seek to be distinctively Christian by recognizing Jesus Christ as both the true healer and source of ability. We desire to see individual patients and their communities healed, through special outreach to groups including refugees, grade-school kids, pregnant women, HIV-infested persons, homeless adults, struggling parents, and the local churches.
The Chief Financial Officer will lead all aspects of the following functions: accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, financial planning and analysis, business and operational reporting and analysis, performance measures, decision support, revenue cycle management and related matters.
Mission & Passions
Our Passion – Fulfilling the physical, spiritual, emotional needs of the under-served, the uninsured, and the homeless.
Our Vision – Glorifying God and expanding His kingdom among under-served and un-reached people.
Our Mission – Providing high quality healthcare to the under-served in the context of distinctively Christian service. We recognize that Jesus Christ is the true healer of individuals and their communities and the source of our ability to serve.
Job Title - Chief Financial Officer
1. Affect the success of the organization through the establishment and management of all financial budgeting, business, operational and financial planning processes for the organization.
2. Ensure the effective development and day-to-day management of systems and processes associated with accounting, reporting, and decision support.
3. Provide expert support and financial stewardship for the organization. Ensure risks and issues which may affect the financial health of the organization are identified, addressed, and remedied.
4. Ensure the organization’s leadership, including its Board of Directors, is supported with timely and accurate planning, budgeting, accounting, and reporting of financial and operational outcomes.
5. Support new business development through expert analysis, planning, and decision support.
6. Ensure the effective development and day-to-day management of revenue cycle management systems and processes, including billing, AR management, revenue maximization, and collections.
7. Ensure that all financial, accounting, and administrative policies, functions, systems and processes are performed consistent with all generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) as well as within the highest professional, ethical, and legal standards.
8. Establish and/or measure business and operating compliance with all internal policies and practices, as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
9. Establish and/or measure revenue cycle management effectiveness.
10. Establish and ensure collaborative, supporting relationships within the organization.
11. Establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with key resources, including the Bureau of Primary Health Care, state agencies and funding sources, banks, lenders, regulators, audit firms, and related external resources.
Leadership and Supervision
12. Implement and uphold all policies of the organization and ensure that all operations are consistent with the stated mission and direction set forth by the Board of Directors.
13. Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team. Recruit, develop and inspire a highly effective team of financial and operational professionals. Ensure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA/CPA or related credential and education strongly preferred.
Demonstrated success in the role of senior financial executive with a comparable or larger sized organization. Federally Qualified Health Center experience would be highly preferred.
Substantial business experience and exposure within the health care industry.
Substantial knowledge and expertise in all facets of finance, accounting, business planning, information systems and related disciplines.
Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of financial and accounting systems and processes.
Ability to provide leadership & establish commitment to the development and implementation of financial strategies, plans, policies and business initiatives.
Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and strategic partnerships both internally and externally.