Our Health Care Center is a primary care center providing care for kids, adults, elderly and ob/gyn patients. We seek to transform our metropolitan Kentucky community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Mission & Passions
•To care for the whole person, emphasizing physical, spiritual, psychological and social care
•To care for the community, utilizing community healthcare principles
•To care for the self-worth of every individual in the community, helping them to recognize they are made in God’s image with gifts and talents to serve their community
•To care for the transformation of the community by uplifting the leaders of the community, who will embrace their vision and take ownership of their programs
•To care for a partnership that allows the community and community leaders to walk alongside Christians living outside the community to serve God together to transform the neighborhood in all aspects of community life
•To show the Love of Christ as we are commanded to do in Matthew 25, “whatever you did for the least of these… you did for me.”
Job Title - CEO
FQHC located in Urban Central Kentucky is seeking a CEO
· Our FQHC seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents of the community.
· Under direction of the Board the Directors, the CEO is responsible for overall strategic leadership, planning, development, direction, coordination and control of activities within patient care, clinical and clinical support service areas.
· The CEO works collaboratively with leaders and staff to ensure that quality patient care is delivered in a cost-effective manner.
· The CEO will embody the mission and its core values.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience managing a health care center, preferably an FQHC.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
· Knowledge of community needs and initiatives preferred.