Director of Behavioral Health
Our Health Care Center is a primary care center providing care for kids, adults, elderly and ob/gyn patients. We seek to transform our metropolitan Kentucky community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Mission & Passions
•To care for the whole person, emphasizing physical, spiritual, psychological and social care
•To care for the community, utilizing community healthcare principles
•To care for the self-worth of every individual in the community, helping them to recognize they are made in God’s image with gifts and talents to serve their community
•To care for the transformation of the community by uplifting the leaders of the community, who will embrace their vision and take ownership of their programs
•To care for a partnership that allows the community and community leaders to walk alongside Christians living outside the community to serve God together to transform the neighborhood in all aspects of community life
•To show the Love of Christ as we are commanded to do in Matthew 25, “whatever you did for the least of these… you did for me.”
Job Title - Director of Behavioral Health
FQHC located in Urban Central Kentucky is seeking a Director of Behavioral Health
· The Director of Behavioral Health will be a member of the patient care team and provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psycho-social functioning and increase motivation for change affecting health.
· This position will serve as the lead behavioral health provider, supervise behavioral health consultants, behavioral health interns, and be responsible for developing efficient, patient-centered programs and processes to meet the behavioral health needs of our patients.
· Develop and implement Integrated Behavioral Health in a Primary Care.
· Develop policy and procedure to support Integrated Behavioral Health processes.
· Provide comprehensive assessment, consultation, and brief intervention, or triage as appropriate, for psychological/psychiatric disorders.
· Provide effective patient centered, goal directed treatment planning with the patient.
· Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
· Actively participate in multidisciplinary team meetings that support the clinics integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for patients.
· Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
· Collaborate and coordinate with the clinics Patient Engagement and Outreach staff to provide enabling services and patient education to address social determinants of health.
· Monitor the health center's behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Master' s Degree in Social Work or PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology or related field required.
· Licensed by the State of Kentucky as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist.
· LCSW with health and leadership experience or a health psychologist preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Strong alignment with our Mission and demonstrates behaviors aligned with our core values.
· Adaptable to new situations and comfortable with a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
· Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidenced-based treatments appropriate to a medical setting.
· Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of behavioral health conditions.
· Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of chronic conditions.
· Demonstrated administrative and leadership ability, initiative and resourcefulness.