We are a small free and charitable clinic serving the indigent in central North Carolina. We have two clinic sites; one focuses on the homeless and the other on the immigrant population. We offer medical, dental, eye and surgical care plus specialty referrals at no charge to our patients. Currently we have over 40 physician volunteers and an additional 200 other medical and dental volunteers who serve a complex patient population. We are motivated by the love of Christ, and we seek to share that love through words and medical care with our patients.
Mission & Passions
To live out the Gospel through healthcare among the poor. We seek to share the love of Christ through medicine, meeting the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of our patients.
Job Title - Dentist
Job Description· Charitable Clinic in Central North Carolina seeking Dentist.
· Reports to the Executive Director. Has primary responsibility for managing the Dental Department. These responsibilities include providing dental care to all patients he is qualified to treat, supporting all volunteer dentists, and overseeing the daily operations, staff performance, and dental clinical record systems (Dentrix).
· Provide dental care to all patients that she/he is qualified to treat.
· Supervise all dental staff.
· Ensure that all dental equipment is functioning properly.
· Coordinate with Operations Manager to procure necessary dental supplies.
· Negotiate oral surgery referrals and other patient needs with community partners.
· Oversee the activities of any dental students rotating at SHC as required and if holding adjunct status at the UNC dental school.
· Maintain current licensure, including CE and CPR requirements
· Assist with hiring and supervising all staff members who work in the Dental Department and ensuring that each staff member is working to meet the Health Center's mission.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Experience and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
· Ability to embrace and personify the mission of Samaritan Health Center, through performing work for the whole person, providing for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of staff members and patients.
· Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of medical and dental professionals.
· Ability to organize, direct, prioritize, and delegate work appropriately.
· Ability to lead and manage support staff and make sound decisions.
· Requires a comprehensive understanding of the dental issues involved in providing clinical leadership at a free clinic.
· Excellent analytical skills necessary for preparing financial, legal, and administrative tasks.
· Excellent communication skills for patients, staff, community partners, and donors.