We offer comprehensive primary medical care, dental care and mental health care to homeless people, people living in public housing, and other under-served people living in and around our urban Southern California city. We also partner with multiple organizations to serve mentally ill patients in transitional housing at multiple clinical service sites throughout our community. We offer holistic and spiritual care, addressing mind, body, soul and spirit.
Mission & Passions
Our mission is to show God's love by providing quality, comprehensive healthcare to the homeless and under-served.
Job Title - Medical Assistant
FQHC in Southern California is seeking a Medical Assistant for clinic site.
· The Medical Assistant oversees operations of the Phlebotomy rooms.
· Performs patient intake functions of recording vital signs, past medical history, draws blood for lab orders, prepares exam rooms for clinic and closes rooms afterwards.
· Demonstrate Christ-like behavior and attitude in all job duties and responsibilities.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Two years experience preferred
· Phlebotomy experience preferred
· Experience with pediatrics preferred
· Bilingual Spanish required
· Knowledge of filing procedures and practices.
· Reliable transportation to travel between Clinic sites.
· Must type at a minimum 35 wpm
· High level of initiative and motivation.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others.
· Must be sensitive to the needs of the homeless, uninsured, and working poor residing in public housing in or around the service area.