Clinic Registered Nurse
We offer comprehensive primary medical care, dental care and mental health care to homeless people, people living in public housing, and other under-served people living in and around our urban Southern California city. We also partner with multiple organizations to serve mentally ill patients in transitional housing at multiple clinical service sites throughout our community. We offer holistic and spiritual care, addressing mind, body, soul and spirit.
Mission & Passions
Our mission is to show God's love by providing quality, comprehensive healthcare to the homeless and under-served.
Job Title - Clinic Registered Nurse
Southern California FQHC clinic is seeing a Clinical Registered Nurse.
· The RN works with the care teams and functions as a service provider, educator, coordinator, advocate and facilitator of health and health services for individuals and groups.
· The RN works to improve the quality of patient care through ongoing communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary care team.
· All duties must be performed in a manner displaying a holistic approach to treatment and to contextualize all treatment, education and counsel in the Judeo-Christian view of man and woman as being made in the image of God and possessing spirit, soul and body; emphasizing the necessity of health and wholeness.
· Recognize that the RN role is one of leadership and involves mentoring with patients and staff.,
· As a member of the care team, provides basic medical case management to patients. This includes on an as needed basis: communicating with patients or families, helping execute a care plan, reconciling patient medications, providing interventions as appropriate, and helping with clinical follow up to ensure patient self-management or self-care goals are being addressed.
· Perform triage on patients that request same day or urgent appointments, providing nursing intervention when necessary and determining if visits are necessary per established protocol.
· Participates in patient follow-up activities as directed by providers for normal and abnormal laboratory, DI or specialty consult results. Interacts with patient by phone, text, letter or email/portal.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.,
· Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, visitors, government agencies and the general public.,
· Knowledgeable regarding nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to community health.,
Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the facility.
Ability to demonstrate effective decision-making by assessing situations accurately, sharing fact-based information, communicating professional opinions clearly and inquiring actively.,
Ability to work autonomously, taking initiative and problem solving within the scope of an RN.,
Ability to manage a high volume of patients in a short span of time, while dealing with unpredictable issues.