Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
We are a community health center providing affordable, bilingual and culturally-sensitive primary care and support services from its three locations in one of urban Pennsylvania’s most medically under-served communities. Services provided include: primary adult and pediatric care; dental care; prenatal and OB/GYN care; behavioral health consultation services; social services; spiritual care; on-site medication dispensaries; nutrition counseling; comprehensive HIV care; diabetes care; and, a range of new community-based health and wellness initiatives. Our holistic approach to care takes into consideration the physical, spiritual, social and psychological factors that impact a person's overall health status.
Mission & Passions
Compelled by the love of God in Christ Jesus, in cooperation with the Church and others, our Health Center is a multi-cultural ministry providing holistic healthcare to the Latino and under-served communities of our urban city.
Job Title - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
FQHC in Pennsylvania is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
· The LPN serves the needs of the clinical team by addressing the needs of walk-in and call-in patients.
· The LPN is responsible for gathering and documenting patient's chief complaints and signs, symptoms of illness, participating in patient health education.
· Performing medication reconciliation and patient teaching around medication adherence.
· Assisting in coordinating care of complex or acutely ill patients.
· Providing spiritual care to patients, administering vaccines and medications, and assisting with other clinical procedures.
· This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· LPN, required; 1+ years post-graduate experience in a clinical care setting, preferred,
· Current CPR certification, required,
· Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish, required
· Able to integrate faith and work and share Christ with others, required,
· Solid interpersonal skills, including ability to put others at ease and communicate warmth,
· Ability to remain calm under pressure,
· Ability to take initiative in communication, being clear and direct, in order to effectively communicate with other staff,
· Some computer experience & EMR experience and/or word processing,
· Demonstrated ability to handle many details and multiple priorities. Must show ability to organize, process, and verify details.,
· Solid record of handling confidential information, as well as demonstrating trustworthiness and reliability in all transactions.