We are a community health center providing affordable, bilingual and culturally-sensitive primary care and support services from its three locations in one of urban Pennsylvania’s most medically under-served communities. Services provided include: primary adult and pediatric care; dental care; prenatal and OB/GYN care; behavioral health consultation services; social services; spiritual care; on-site medication dispensaries; nutrition counseling; comprehensive HIV care; diabetes care; and, a range of new community-based health and wellness initiatives. Our holistic approach to care takes into consideration the physical, spiritual, social and psychological factors that impact a person's overall health status.
Mission & Passions
Compelled by the love of God in Christ Jesus, in cooperation with the Church and others, our Health Center is a multi-cultural ministry providing holistic healthcare to the Latino and under-served communities of our urban city.
Job Title - Head Nurse
Pennsylvania FQHC is seeking a full-time Head Nurse.
· The Head Nurse is responsible for overseeing the Nursing/Clinical Support department at the site.
· Direct supervision and leadership of staff nurses and clinical supervisors, including training, encouraging, coaching and performance management, staffing, and spiritual leadership and guidance.
· Other responsibilities include: budget recommendations, oversight of laboratory compliance, vaccine protocols and management, infection control procedures, establishing goals for QA initiatives, oversight of inventory management, contributing to internal clinic initiatives such as OSHA Training and PPD.
· Influenza vaccine administration, ordering and maintenance and collaborating as needed with other departments and external agencies.
· The position is primarily administrative, but fills in for nursing and clinical support staff providing direct care as needed in the case of vacancies.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Education, Skills, and Experience
· Current and valid RN license in PA, required; BSN, required,
· Previous supervisory experience, required,
· Bilingual in English and Spanish, or willingness to participate in up to 12 weeks of overseas language training, required,
· 5+ years clinical nursing experience,
· Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with people under difficult circumstances,
· Ability to integrate faith in work-related tasks and leadership role, motivating and mentoring staff with focus on the love of Christ,
· Ability to remain calm under pressure,
· Ability to take initiative in communication, being clear and direct, in order to communicate effectively with staff,
· Computer experience in word processing, comfortable with spreadsheets, graphs,
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail. Must show ability to organize, process, and verify details,
· Must have a solid record of handling confidential information, as well as demonstrating trustworthiness and honesty in all transactions,