Director of Nursing
We are a community health center providing affordable, bilingual and culturally-sensitive primary care and support services from its three locations in one of urban Pennsylvania’s most medically under-served communities. Services provided include: primary adult and pediatric care; dental care; prenatal and OB/GYN care; behavioral health consultation services; social services; spiritual care; on-site medication dispensaries; nutrition counseling; comprehensive HIV care; diabetes care; and, a range of new community-based health and wellness initiatives. Our holistic approach to care takes into consideration the physical, spiritual, social and psychological factors that impact a person's overall health status.
Mission & Passions
Compelled by the love of God in Christ Jesus, in cooperation with the Church and others, our Health Center is a multi-cultural ministry providing holistic healthcare to the Latino and under-served communities of our urban city.
Job Title - Director of Nursing
Pennsylvania FQHC seeks a full-time Director of Nursing
· The Director of Nursing is responsible for the delivery of nursing and clinical support services in the organization and throughout all the facilities.
· Responsibilities include: development and implementation of an annual budget for the nursing department and clinical operations.
· Maintenance of evidence based clinical policies and procedures
· Oversight of orientation and training of nursing department personnel and student externs;
· Maintenance and implementation of OSHA and employee health procedures and coordination of OSHA staff trainings;
· Supervision of phlebotomy and POC laboratory services;
· Coordination of QA initiatives for the nursing department;
· Participation as Safety Officer on the Emergency Management Team; and
· Provision of effective and efficient nursing care to patients in a multicultural, inner-city setting.
Job Qualifications Education, Skills, and Experience
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), required. Master of Science in Nursing Administration, preferred,
· Bilingual, English and Spanish, strongly preferred,
· Previous supervisory experience, required
· Experience with medically under-served patient populations, required,
· Proven interpersonal, networking and mentoring skills
· Strong clinical nursing skills
· Strong administrative skills
· Ability to integrate faith in work-related tasks and leadership role, motivating and mentoring staff with focus on the love of Christ
· Demonstrated ability to handle many details and multiple priorities
· Able to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines