State - AK
Year Founded - 1956
MODEL - FQHC
Number of Locations - 6
AREA - Rural
We are a faith-based Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and Frontier Extended Stay Clinic serving the Copper Valley Basin (about the size of West Virginia) in the name of Jesus Christ in the interior of Alaska. We have a family primary care clinic, a pharmacy, receive all the ambulances from the valley, and are open for urgent care 24/7.
Mission & Passions
Our mission is to show the love of the Lord Jesus Christ through accessible quality health care.
Job Title - Registered Nurse
Job Description -
Plans, directs and provides professional nursing care using the team approach and at all times promotes fulfillment of our Medical Center's mission statement.
· Delegates aspects of patient care consistent with team member’s level of preparation.
· Works with patients, providers, families and other health care providers to ensure coordinated planning focusing on continuity of care, and serves as point person.
· This position will provide care to patients over the phone, coordinates with emergency medical services and provides care to patients in urgent care, x-ray department, observation unit and clinic; supervises coverage in these positions as needed.
· Initial and ongoing observation reflects a knowledge of pathophysiology and the disease process, including physical, psychosocial, spiritual and educational needs, cognitive status, safety and equipment.
· Planning will reflect the identified needs as well as expected outcomes obtained from the patient assessment.
· Demonstrates effective clinical judgment, and provides appropriate therapeutic interventions. Works with the health care team to provide care for the whole person, including physical, psychosocial and spiritual care.
· Evaluation: Determines effectiveness of interventions, and revises the plan of care based on expected outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily.
Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
Preferred one year Registered Nurse experience in an acute care hospital with emergency room or critical care background preferred.
Ability to assess, problem solve, triage effectively, independently, and rapidly
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska Basic (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire.
Course completion will be required for trauma nursing core course (TNCC) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergent Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) as available upon hire.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is encouraged.
Reads, writes, and speaks English